STL Tones brings 5-time GRAMMY®-award winning mix engineer Chris Lord-Alge’s guitar tones to life with a one of a kind Expansion Preset Pack to use with the Tonality Howard Benson Guitar Plug-In Suite.
We captured CLA’s full analog signal chain that he uses for his most well known mixes, including his SSL console, vintage Pultecs, Focusrite Red on the mix bus and the eq’s from his console.LEARN MORE
• CLA Album Tone Presets : This bank has 20 Guitar presets, and are solely focused on album guitar tones from CLA's best known work. These are full signal chain presets.
• CLA Creations Presets : This bank has 30 Guitar presets, specifically created by CLA using the Tonality - Howard Benson Plugin.
• CLA Bass Presets : This bank has 14 Bass presets, solely focused on Bass tones from some of his most popular mixes. These are full signal chain presets.
A few word's from CLA on his pack, “Well for me guitars are a very important part of my life, it’s one of my main menu items I deal with on a daily basis. My mix ready sounds are created from my board. I take tones from the mix, tones from the mix is actually as simple as that, I took guitar sounds that I made off mixes from various huge artists on big records and then we took those sounds and converted them into presets. So this gives you the exact sounds I used in the mix, captured as a preset.
What makes the mix ready part my pack so exciting? Well you're using my full analog signal chain that I use for all my mixes. Which means my SSL console, my Pultecs on the mix bus, my Focusrite Red on the mix bus and the eq’s on the console. Also certain presets will have my vintage Urei LA3 compressors on it, so you get an analog chain which is hard to digitize, so I'm very excited that when I compared between what I created and what the preset was, it was virtually identical”.
Inside the CLA Trilogy Pack there are 50 guitar presets and 14 bass presets, for a total of 64.Buy Preset Pack
Howard Benson is a grammy nominated Producer based in Los Angeles, California. For over 20 years, Benson has been the go to producer for rock and roll’s biggest names, including Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance, The All American Rejects, Hoobastank, P.O.D, Three Days Grace, Daughtry, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Simple Plan and countless others.
STL Tonality is an all-in-one Guitar Plug-in Suite developed exclusively from none other than Howard Benson & Mike Plotnikoff’s Signature Guitar sounds. Designed by STL Tones, Benson and Plotnikoff, the Howard Benson Plug-in has been developed to capture every sonic aspect of what make’s the duo’s guitar tones so distinctive.
AMP 1 - was modelled from a German voiced high gain amp.
AMP 2 - from a vintage Canadian amp with high and low gain channels.
AMP 3 - was modelled from a 60’s vintage British style amp with speed and intensity for all styles.
AMP 4 - is an iconic 100w 2x12 American clean amplifier.
AMP 5 - was developed from the world’s most iconic amplifier from the 50’s.
AMP 6 - Modelled from a revered vintage American bass amp. This amp remains an unmistakable part of the bass tones for many generations of musicians. The module has 2 channels, ‘Bright’ & ‘Normal’
Gives users access to 3 of Howard Benson and Mike Plotnikoff’s personal Overdrive, Delay and Reverb pedals. Particularly effective for high gain tones, the Overdrive pedal adds incredible clarity and articulation to any sound while injecting impressive definition.
The Cabinet Module within STL Tonality has been updated to allow you to:
• Adjust the microphone placement on an X, Y, Z-axes (3D)
• Angle the microphone up to 45 degrees.
• Size scaled main point mixer gives you better creative control
• External impulse response loading capabilities.
The Standalone version of Tonality: Howard Benson allows users to easily install the Plug-In, without the need of a DAW (Pro Tools, Logic, or Cubase). The Standalone version is perfect for practice on the go and for use in live situations.
• STL Tonality: Benson comes in 64-bit VST / AU / AAX / Standalone.
• Latest OS Compatibility for Windows & Mac.
• Minimum Requirements Mac OS 10.9 or Windows 7
• FREE iLok License Manager and iLok account needed.
• NO iLOK USB DONGLE REQUIRED.
• 3 activations available per user.
• 10 day trial is available HERE.
Click the button below to check out the STL Tonality - Howard Benson User ManualUSER MANUAL